Saturday, October 15, 2005

A fish story

Well my friends, that was a nice vacation! Vrill here, 'blogging' from the porch of my suite in a fabulous Fflar hotel. I've got a great view of the sea here, and I'm sipping a fantastic chardonnay. Delicious.

Master P and I have been going fishing for the past week or so. At first I wasn't catching much, but then I caught a nice big salmon! It was a bit past the legal limit, but Master P knows some people who knows some people, if you know what I mean, and we sumptuously feasted on our catches later that night. Some salmon, a light garlic butter sauce, maybe some prawns as an appetizer, plus what was probably the best souffle I've ever had. Magnusson's is a fantastic restaurant, I must say. Four out of four stars, as the Druid Smallwood would say.

It took me a little while to get my 'sea legs', and I suffered from a bout of seasickness until I learned an 'old salt's trick'. White wine and crackers, all day long! I recommend you try it, dear readers, if you ever find yourself doing the 'landlubber lambada'.

This is the life. No PCs, no Knights of Armek, no collies. I wish my wife were here though.

What's next for old GV, you might be wondering? Well, Master P and I had a long chat about what the future might hold, especially with the strange tidings in Durth these days. I'm going to pay an old friend a visit, is what I'm going to do. I think things may be looking very nice! I won't say any more right now except to say that 'Burghermeister Vrill' has a nice ring to it.

With that, I leave you my friends,
GV.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Swill said...

Enjoy that salmon, Vrill. Enjoy.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Master Gregory Vrill said...

Why thank you 'Brogg', I did just that. It was very nice. Are you, or really, the other, far away you, heh heh, 'enjoying' your 'vacation'? Didn't expect to have a tough battle in there did you now? Still, you really have no idea where you are or how to get out of there, do you now? The gate that I bought was well worth the 1,000,000 gp that it cost, on installment plan bien sur. By the way, Gregolas sends his regards. I'm sure he's plenty wondering what happened to his hippie, durg-using and -abusing pals.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Hmm . . . Gregolas has durg-using pals? Those guys better watch out - I hear that durg stuff is some pretty bad shit.

Of course you don't mean 'drug'. That would be silly, seeing as how you're the master speller and all.

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares